Initial Setup (DickerData)
Initial Setup Quick Summary
- Microsoft Account on your Office 365 tenancy. This account must have:
- Global Administrator permissions
- Admin Agent permissions or greater
- 2 Factor Authentication enabled
- Dickerdata API Token enabled and provided by the DickerData team
- ConnectWise API Member or Autotask API User created
- Verify your MPN ID from the Microsoft Partner Center
- Use Google Chrome or Firefox to complete the initial setup processes
Once you have the prerequisites listed above:
- Browse to app.cspportal.cloud
- Login with Microsoft OAuth for your MSP Tenancy
- Enter your Dicker Data Account Code, Access Code and MPN ID
- Authorise CSP Portal to your customer tenancies via Partner Center
- Enter your PSA API Keys
- Enable Allowed Users
Step by Step
Browse to app.cspportal.cloud and sign in using your Office 365 account. This doesn't necessarily need to be your Global Admin, as we will use this account later to authenticate with the Partner Center.
This must be an account associated with your MSP Tenancy (Not a client or end-user account).
Please note this account should not have a .onmicrosoft.com domain.
- CSP Portal uses Microsoft’s OAuth v2.0 identity system for authentication. This is used to gather end user and licensing details, as well as logging & auditing.
- If available, enable Consent on behalf of your organization.
- Review and accept the Permissions requested page
Complete the basic Wizard information
Your MSP Details will be filled for you from your Microsoft Tenancy
- This is the Account Number used to login to:
IMPORTANT: This needs to be enabled and provided by Dickerdata. Please approach your Account Manager for more information.
If this has been enabled in the past, your API Code can be retrieved as per below instructions:
- Log into the DickerData portal.
- Select Account from the left hand menu
- Followed by API Tokens
- Request to Generate New Token if the Product Token Key is not filled
- Copy this Product Token into the Access Code field on the CSP Portal.
This is your companies Microsoft Partner Network ID and is assigned to you when you become a Microsoft Partner.
- This can be found at the Microsoft Partner Center
Setup Application Access
CSP Portal requires access to the details of your clients in order discover and display the assigned users of licenses & verify license counts between the Dicker Data and Microsoft platforms. Without this we are unable to retrieve the subscription details for your clients and thus will be unable to properly sync licensing information from DickerData to your PSA.
We have found that authenticating through the Partner Center is the most reliable way to do this.
- Select Authenticate Partner Center, if this is unsuccessful please review the following:
If this step fails, review the following article: Confirm your Microsoft Account has the correct permissions
Select your PSA, and enter API details
- My Company ID within Connectwise
- Service URL that you log into your Connectwise from
Public Key + Private Key:
- Log in to the Connectwise client as an admin user
- Go to System => Members => API Members
- Create a new member for the CSP Portal and fill out all mandatory fields
- Save the member
- Go to the header API Keys
- Create a new API Key with a name related to the CSP Portal
- Save the key and copy paste the public and private keys into the fields on the portal
URL Used to login to the Autotask client
Authentication ID + Key:
The ID is the Login Username of an API User and the Key is the Login Password of an API User
- Enter the login username into the Authentication ID Field
- Enter the login password into the Authentication Key Field
Allow Additional Access to your CSP Portal
A list of users will be pre-generated from your Office 365 tenant.
Click and drag names from the Disallowed Users column to the Allowed Users column as required.
These can be altered later from your Company Settings page.
Select Save User List to finalize your setup.