Updated by Support
Initial Setup Quick Summary
- Xero Account that can grant application access
- Microsoft Account on your Office 365 tenancy. This account must have:
- Global Administrator permissions
- Admin Agent permissions or greater
- 2 Factor Authentication enabled
- Dicker Data API Token enabled and provided by the Dicker Data team
- Verify your MPN ID from the Microsoft Partner Center
- Use Google Chrome or Firefox to complete the initial setup process
Once you have the prerequisites listed above:
- Browse to app.cspportal.cloud
- Login with Microsoft OAuth for your MSP Tenancy
- Enter your Dicker Data Account Code, Access Code and MPN ID
- Authorise CSP Portal to your customer tenancies via Partner Center
- Select Xero as your PSA and authentiate with your instance
- Enter a Xero Contact, Expense and Revenue Account
- Enable Allowed Users
Step by Step
Browse to app.cspportal.cloud and sign in using your Office 365 account. This doesn't necessarily need to be your Global Admin, as we will use this account later to authenticate with the Partner Center.
This must be an account associated with your MSP Tenancy (Not a client or end-user account).
Please note this account should not have a .onmicrosoft.com domain.
- CSP Portal uses Microsoft’s OAuth v2.0 identity system for authentication. This is used to gather end user and licensing details, as well as logging & auditing.
- If available, enable Consent on behalf of your organization.
- Review and accept the Permissions requested page
- Select Dicker Data as your vendor
Complete the basic Wizard information
Your MSP Details will be filled for you from your Microsoft Tenancy
- This is the Account Number used to login to:
IMPORTANT: This needs to be enabled and provided by Dicker Data. Please approach your Account Manager for more information.
If this has been enabled in the past, your API Code can be retrieved as per below instructions:
- Log into the Dicker Data portal.
- Select Account from the left hand menu
- Followed by API Tokens
- Request to Generate New Token if the Product Token Key is not filled
- Copy this Product Token into the Access Code field on the CSP Portal.
This is your companies Microsoft Partner Network ID and is assigned to you when you become a Microsoft Partner.
- This can be found at the Microsoft Partner Center
Setup Application Access
CSP Portal requires access to the details of your clients in order discover and display the assigned users of licenses & verify license counts between the Dicker Data and Microsoft platforms. Without this we are unable to retrieve the subscription details for your clients and thus will be unable to properly sync licensing information from Dicker Data to your PSA.
We have found that authenticating through the Partner Center is the most reliable way to do this.
- Select Authenticate Partner Center, if this is unsuccessful please review the following:
If this step fails, review the following article: Confirm your Microsoft Account has the correct permissions
Configure Xero Integration
Select Xero from the PSA Options dropdown, followed by Authenticate Xero
Enter your Xero credentials
Review and/or connect the organisations you wish to utilize CSP Portal with:
Once authenticated, select a Xero Tenant from the available dropdown
Followed by selecting a Contact, Expense GL-Account and Revenue GL-Account
The Contact and Expense GL-Account will be used to generate an internal bill within Xero containing all the licenses charged to you by Dicker Data for the period.
The Revenue GL-Account used as the ACCOUNT for each line item on the customer’s invoice.
- Mapping Contacts (Xero)